Queenstown, The World's Adventure Playground
There is a reason that Queenstown is globally renowned as the adventure capital of the world. While you relax in indulgent luxury amongst the most scenic landscapes, blood-pumping thrills and unique experiences abound, here in the epicentre of adrenaline. Whether you yearn to test your limits in the birthplace of the bungy jump, tick off epic bucket list items like paragliding and skydiving, or reward yourself with air adventures replete with the best wine and food in the Southern Hemisphere, there is simply nowhere better than Queenstown.
Your residence has direct lake access to the magnificent Lake Wakatipu – the magnificent Queenstown lake that graces a million postcards – and is situated directly on the most popular Queenstown walking tracks.
Just minutes away from your luxury base at The Lanah Residence, you can find no fewer than five international golf courses – (Jacks Point, Millbrook, Hills, Queenstown & Arrowtown Golf). Step out of the door and you’ll be just 200 meters from mountain transport whisking you away to the nearby breath-taking Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and the world-class Cardrona ski fields.
If you’re venturing just a little further, your hosts will be delighted to arrange and organise the following tours:
- Glenorchy: A scenic tour of the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit filming locations. Witness first-hand the stunning natural beauty of Middle Earth. Alternatively take a leisurely scenic horse-riding tour.
- Take to the air with a helicopter tour of the glacier and surrounding mountains, experience the spectacular Mount Cook and the famous Franz Joseph Glacier from the very best seat in the house.
- Go on a fly-fishing tour with the top fly-fishing guide in New Zealand.
- Delve into the history of winemaking in the region, and take an organised wine tour to delight all the senses.
- Embark on a cruise on Lake Wakatipu on your choice of a vintage steamship or a state-of-the-art modern vessel.
- Blast away up the iconic Shotover and Kawarau Rivers on New Zealand’s superb Jet Boats. The jetboat was invented here and nobody does it better.
- The world-famous Milford Sound is not too far away and we can arrange a day in the Sounds or an overnight cruise.
- If New Zealand’s third island piques your interest, you can overnight in Stewart Island, just across the Foveaux strait and meet the native birds of this beautiful land: Kiwi, Kaka (cheeky native parrots) Mollymawk (Albatross) and Penguins, to name but a few.